Wetherell are a highly successful and trusted brand within their sector. However, after the launch of a new website and a HTTPS migration in 2017, 2018 started off in a downward trend. The main goal was to fix a multitude of technical issues that had been created during the relaunch of the site and that were now contributing to this downward spiral, all the while keeping link velocity alive and improving keyword rankings. We created a strategy which included:
- increased efforts on on-page issues while keeping link velocity alive.
- a full Technical SEO Audit.
- a Content Audit and GAP analysis.
- broken page and redirect chain fixes were a priority.
We worked closely with the team at Wetherell to keep the strategy inline with changing goals and competitors. Several SEO-projects were picked up in 2018 and many recommendations have been put into action directly into the WordPress CMS back-end by 90Digital.
A selection of mentionable SEO projects done for Wetherell in 2018:
- Tech Audit and Content Audit
- 50 backlinks created, avg TrustFlow 29
- ~200 broken pages fixed
- ~600 broken pages moved to bin
- ~20,000 redirect chains fixed
- Optimised .htaccess file, ~40% redundant lines deleted
- Deindexing of property.wetherell.co.uk subdomain
- New Goal Tracking setup in Analytics
- Property Listings Search Pages redesign (still in progress with Dev)
- Optimising Google My Business page
- Google Analytics Workshop
The results were:
- An 18.88% increase in Organic Traffic
- A 14.70% increase in New Users
- A 4.6% decrease in Bounce Rate
- A 4 and 6 position increase for 2 core keywords